Frivolous Disorder is nothing more than a repository of anything that interests me. It will feature heavy doses of politics, culture and contemporary issues with dollops of anything else that catches my attention.
For the record I am liberal. I will try my human best to represent opposing arguments with fairness and civility. However, we are all complex and imperfect. I am not here to celebrate our imperfections but I am no longer inclined to fight this either. For instance, I am a strong advocate for alternative energy and environmental protection. Yet I am rebuilding a mid-sixties car with a 455c.i. big-block engine that will have more emissions than about thirty modern Toyotas. So am I a hypocrite? Sure, why not.
I have little patience for conclusions drawn almost entirely from fictitious information. When this happens, there is simply no debate. That said, there is in all of us a guiding intuition that will direct our interpretations of the facts. For me, this is where life gets interesting because pure reason is irrational in its own way.
My Code of Ethics:
- I will respect some opinions some of the time.
- Even when I think I am being fair, I will represent my opinions with a human bias.
- I will error in favor of facts over mythology – sometimes. Or as Samuel Clemens once said, “There are lies, there are damned lies and then there are statistics.”
- “Good writers borrow, great writers steal.” I will attempt to properly credit the author of original content but I have no idea who said the above quote.
- Tempers flare. If mine does, it is my blog. If yours does, your comment gets deleted.
- I will shamelessly plug friend’s and family enterprises.